1. I’ve registered, now what?
- Ensure your passport is in order and will be valid through the entire trip.
- Book your travel to arrive at the Provence villa (24 miles from Nice. Arrive in Nice via plane or train) for Day 1 between 3pm and 6pm.
- Finalize your balance by 3/1/2013
- Begin gathering art supplies listed in “what do I pack?” below.
- Begin dabbling in art journaling.
- Engage in a regular yoga practice.
- Set your intention for this retreat.
2. What’s the scoop?
Each day in Provence will begin with a leisurely breakfast, followed by an all-level yoga practice and led art journaling. The afternoons are yours for swimming, hiking, biking, shopping, napping, reading, or making more art – truly slowing down and processing your experience. Evenings include a slow flow yoga and meditation practice followed by a 3-course gourmet vegetarian meal.
3. Where are we staying?
A spacious, beautiful remote villa located near Gréolières, France, approximately 40km (45 minutes) from Nice.
4. How much does it cost?
- $2495 Ooh la la package: Suite Single (Spacious bedroom with chaise lounge, private bath, super king size bed and top level views)
- $1995 Fleur de lis package: Luxe Double (Double occupancy bedroom with 2 beds, a private bath and lovely views)
5. What is included?
Retreat includes 7 nights double lodging, buffet breakfasts, 2 daily yoga classes, an endless supply of afternoon treats (baguettes, cheese, salad greens, fruit, tea, coffee), gourmet 3-course vegetarian dinners, art workshops, meditation, an art ephemera packet, and sensory surprises. Retreat participants will also receive exclusive access to a special podcast series, Facebook group, and private blog with tips on art journaling, retreat preparations, and more.
6. What do I pack?
- Electrical outlet converter
- Think layers = clothing for a week of low 60s to low 80s including comfy clothes for yoga classes, relaxing, and hiking
- Sturdy shoes and/or boots for hiking
- Sunscreen and hat
- Bathing Suit
- Day pack/Backpack
- Reusable water bottle and tea thermos
- Travel alarm clock (or smartphone)
- Yoga mat and any preferred props
- Favorite wine or snacks
- Art journal (recommend large spiral sketchbook)
- Art supplies: scissors, glue sticks, stamps, stamp pads, tape, Japanese masking tape, markers, acrylic paints, watercolors, images pulled from magazines, magazines to cut up
7. Are there bikes at the villa?
There are three bikes for your use, however it is recommended that riders be fairly fit as roads are hilly near our villa.
8. Are there towns within walking distance of our villa in Gréolières?
Yes, there is a hiking path and town is approximately 50 minutes from the villa. You may also walk along the road for approximately one hour. The journey there is uphill which means the return is a leisurely downhill pace.
9. What is a typical day like?*
Saturday: 6-8pm opening circle and yoga, 8pm dinner.
Sunday - Friday: 8:30-10am buffet breakfast, 10-11am yoga, 11am-1pm art, 1-6pm free time, 6-8pm evening circle: yoga, meditation, show + tell, 8-9:30pm dinner.
Wednesday: 8:30-10am buffet breakfast, day of optional excursions and rest, 8-9:30pm dinner.
Saturday: Au revoir. Depart villa by 11am.
*Subject to change
10. What is the cancellation policy?
No refunds will be issued for your deposit. No refunds for your balance will be issued unless your space can be filled with someone from the waiting list. If your space is not filled from the waiting list, a credit toward future Tranquility du Jour offerings will be issued ONLY if the cancellation is received one month prior to the retreat minus the deposit and a $500 administrative fee. NO credits or refunds will be issued if cancellation is received within one month of the event. If we must cancel due to insufficient enrollment, your deposit and paid balance will be refunded fully.