1. I’ve registered, now what?
- Ensure your passport is in order and will be valid through the entire trip.
- Book travel to arrive in Paris for Wednesday by noon and depart Sunday after 3pm.
- Finalize your balance by 3/1/2013
- Begin dabbling in art journaling.
- Engage in a regular yoga practice.
- Set your intention for this retreat.
2. How much does it cost?
$1995 includes 4 nights double lodging in Paris near Luxembourg Gardens, yummy all-level yoga (not for beginners), art workshops, meditation, an art ephemera packet, afternoon tea at Ladurée, transport and entrance to Giverny, sunset boat cruise on the Seine, and sensory surprises. Retreat participants will also receive exclusive access to a special podcast series, Facebook group, and private blog with tips on art journaling, retreat preparations, and more.
3. What do I pack?
- Electrical outlet converter
- Think layers = clothing for a week of low 60s to low 80s including comfy clothes for yoga classes, relaxing, and hiking
- Sturdy shoes and/or boots for hiking
- Sunscreen and hat
- Bathing Suit
- Day pack/Backpack
- Reusable water bottle and tea thermos
- Travel alarm clock (or smartphone)
- Yoga mat and any preferred props
- Art journal (recommend large spiral sketchbook)
- Art supplies: scissors, glue sticks, stamps, stamp pads, tape, Japanese masking tape, markers, acrylic paints, watercolors, images pulled from magazines, magazines to cut up
4. What is our schedule?
Each day during our adventure varies with a constant inclusion of creativity and mindfulness through artist dates, photography, and movement. We’ll enjoy breakfast then head out for our day’s adventure with open space in the afternoon or evening for decompressing, processing, and relaxing in your preferred way.
Tentative Retreat Schedule (subject to change)
- Wednesday: Bonjour, 4pm afternoon tea at Ladurée, open evening
- Thursday: Yoga + art in Luxembourg Gardens (weather permitting), open afternoon, sunset boat cruise
- Friday: Vintage shopping, open evening
- Saturday: Day trip to Monet’s Garden at Giverny, open evening
- Sunday: Flea market morning, Au Revoir
5. What is the cancellation policy?
No refunds will be issued for your deposit. No refunds for your balance will be issued unless your space can be filled with someone from the waiting list. If your space is not filled from the waiting list, a credit toward future Tranquility du Jour offerings will be issued ONLY if the cancellation is received one month prior to the retreat minus the deposit and a $500 administrative fee. NO credits or refunds will be issued if cancellation is received within one month of the event. If we must cancel due to insufficient enrollment, your deposit and paid balance will be refunded fully.